30 Minute Meal!!!!
My day usually consists of working from 7am – 4pm, going to the gym from 5pm – 6pm, and then trying to prepare a dinner. I am usually too lazy or tired at this point to sit in the kitchen for an hour and a half and cook so when I come across a recipe that I can make in 30 minutes or less that doesn’t lack AT ALL in quality and flavor I am ecstatic! I took a 30-minute meals class at Well Done Cooking in Houston, my absolute favorite cooking school, and found some really great recipes. This particular one I tweaked a bit to make it my own and I promise… you won’t be disappointed! It is healthy (well pretty much) and tastes great!!
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 ripe avocado
4-5 tbsp. grapeseed oil
3 cups romaine lettuce
½ cup flour
½ cup plain breadcrumbs (you can sub. Anything here – flour, corn flakes, etc)
10-12 oz. white fish fillets (dover sole is amazing, or tilapia)
2 eggs, beaten
4 oz. Parmesan cheese, or another sharp cheese
Seasonings (red pepper flakes, salt, pepper)
For the salad dressing:
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. FRESH lemon juice (using store bought is a sin!!!)
Pinch of fresh red pepper flakes
- First, to make your simple salad dressing, mix together the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of red pepper flakes – set aside.
- Begin to heat your pan – while it’s heating, season fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Set up three plates – one with flour, one with the beaten eggs, and one with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge fish fillets (both sides) in the flour, then eggs, and lastly the breadcrumb-cheese mixture.
- After you add the oil to the already heated pan, fry the fish on each side for about two minutes, until the outside is golden brown.
- Cut up the fillets and serve over mixed greens and sliced avocado. Pour over dressing as desired and enjoy!